OnePlus has released OxygenOS 4.1.7 update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T with August Android security patches, various improvements and bug fixes. The incremental OxygenOS 4.1.7 OTA update starts rolling out and all OnePlus 3/3T users who are on previous build (OxygenOS 4.1.6) will get the update soon. Other users can download and install the update manually.
OxygenOS 4.1.7 update improves system performance, optimizes battery for longer life, optimizes Bluetooth, and Android security updated to August, 2017. Also, the update fixes the screen turn on issue by screen off gesture while making a phone call, App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps and more.
Highlights of OxygenOS 4.1.7:
– Enhanced system fluidity
– Bluetooth optimizations
– Battery optimizations
– Android security patch updated to August
– Sound channel error while recording videos
– Call is routed to speaker accidently by some 3rd party apps
– Screen is turned on by screen off gesture while making a phone call
– Rendering issue in Indian Kannada language
– App locker issue caused by some 3rd party apps
– Hangouts will be removed if you have never updated it on Play Store. To keep Hangouts, please update it prior to the upgrade.
If you have not got the OTA update, check it manually by going to Settings > System Updates > Check for OTA updates.
If update found, download and install right away. As the OTA update is rolling out in phases it will take few days to get on all devices.
To get the OxygenOS 4.1.7 OTA update early, you can use Opera VPN app (install from Play store) to download the OTA update. In Opera VPN, change the location to Germany or Canada and check for OTA update.
We will update the post with OxygenOS 4.1.7 download link, when it is available for download. (Source – OnePlus)