OnePlus has released a new OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 (Oreo) update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The update includes new features, optimizations, bug fixes, November 2017 security patches, aptX HD Bluetooth streaming, and more. If your OnePlus 3/3T is running on the previous OxygenOS Open Beta, you will get the new OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days. OxygenOS 28/19 Open Beta full firmware is also available for download, if you prefer manual installation.
Recently, OnePlus rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo stable update (OxygenOS 5.0) for OnePlus 3/3T. The new Open Beta update brings Photo map to view photos by location, launcher enhancements, support for aptX/aptX HD audio streaming, UI fixes for Quick Settings, a bunch of other optimizations and general bug fixes alongside latest Google security patches (November 2017).
Below is the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19:
– Optimized and enhanced application shortcut menu.
– Optimized shelf visual style
– Add a photo map to view photos by location
– UI enhancements and other optimizations
– Added emergency information (ICE) to your personal information
– Wireless hotspot management optimizations
– Support for aptX/aptX HD
– UI fixes for Quick Settings
– Fixed slow charging issues
– Optimized Wi-Fi performance and security
– Optimized battery usage statistics
– Updated Android Security Patch
– Other bug fixes and optimizations
If you are signed up for OxygenOS Open Beta program, you will get the new Android 80 Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 28/19 OTA (over-the-air) update on your device, which weighs around 137MB.
You can also download and install the update manually by downloading the firmware.
1. Download OnePlus 3 Open Beta 28 firmware package [here]
2. For OnePlus 3T, download Open Beta 19 firmware package [here]
3. After downloading the firmware, follow this installation instruction