OnePlus has announced the roll out of official OxygenOS 3.0.2 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) OTA update for OnePlus 2. The Oxygen OS 3.0.2 OTA (over the air) update will be reached on all devices within the next 48 hours. The update comes with new features and enhancements like Dirac HD Sound for the speaker. If you are running on the stock firmware, you will be able to install the update.
The final version of OxygenOS 3.0.2 does not have many differences from the two beta versions of the OS launched earlier. It is just fine-tuned to make it more in line with the OnePlus 2 and accompanied apps. Note that the update will clear your stored fingerprints. You will need to re-enroll the fingerprint again before use.
Below are the some of the highlights of OxygenOS 3.0.2 update for OnePlus 2
– Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
– Enhanced Doze mode for better battery life
– System wide performance improvements
– Improved fingerprint sensor performance and recognition
– New OnePlus Camera UI and AF optimization
– Maxx Audio and Tuner have removed for Dirac HD Sound technology for the speaker.
– Shelf UX has been improved. You can now long press to edit a board
– Now you can lock apps in Recents so they will not be cleared away and added clear process in addition to clear all for a better control of background processes
– Network operator selection will now stick to your choice so you don’t accidentally roam onto unintended networks
– Swiftkey update to 6.3.3
If you have not received the OxygenOS 3.0.2 update notification on your OnePlus 2, check the availability of the new software by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update. If update is found let it download and install (source)