It has been over three months since Xiaomi released the first MIUI 9 beta ROM for supported devices. After several testing and optimization, finally MIUI 9 Stale ROM starts rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi Max 2. MIUI 9 Global stable ROM and China stable ROMs are starts hitting both these devices. For other devices the MIUI 9 OTA roll out is imminent.
Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 users will get the MIUI 9 Stale ROM OTA (over-the-air) update in the coming days. Experienced users can download and install the update manually via recovery or fastboot method. MIUI 9 China stable ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 is now available for download for manual installation.
MIUI 9 is said to bring lightning fast performance on any supported Redmi or Mi devices. The ROM comes with a handful of new features like Split screen, new icons, new animations, latest security patches, improved silent mode and more. Check out the full changelog of MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM.
Changelog of MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM:
– Deep-level system optimizations
– New icons
– Smart app launcher
– Home screen assistant
– Introducing Split screen
– Simpler Home screen editing
– Smart notifications filter
– Shortcut for transport cards on the left side of the Lock screen
– Shortcuts for frequently used features on the left side of the Lock screen
– Search for apps in the Dual apps mode
– General bug fixes and more
MIUI 9 China Stable ROM (recovery/fastboot) for Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi Max 2 is now available for download. Tech savvy users can download and flash the ROM manually right now.
Please note that, if you are using older version of ROM (for example, MIUI 7 or MIUI 8 stable ROM), you should install the Fastboot ROM. Other users (runs on MIUI 8/9 Developer ROM) can install the updates via Updater app.
MIUI 9 Stale ROM (China) Downloads:
MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM Downloads:
How to Install MIUI 9 Stable ROM
1. Save the downloaded recovery ROM (link above) on your phone’s internal storage.
2. Launch the ‘Updater’ app on your phone. Tap the setting icon (3 dots) at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM zip file you have just saved on your phone.
3. The flashing process will start and this will take some time to finish.
Once the installation process is finished, your device should automatically boot to the new version.
– The process will wipe your device, so back up important data before proceeding with the installation.
1. After downloading the fastboot image (link above), follow this guide to know the installation procedure. (Source – MIUI)