Xiaomi has released MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.12.28 ROM for all supported devices with new feature ‘Full screen gestures’ and a bunch of bug fixes and stability features. A highlighted feature of this update defiantly is Full screen gestures, which is similar to Apple’s iPhone X gesture-based controls. This feature is available in full display devices, such as Mi Max, Mi Max 2, Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus.
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.28 update fixes various bugs as well and improves performance. The update fixes App Vault force close issue, fixes cannot add contact member from group in Dual Apps for WhatsApp, and more. Highlights of this new update and download link are given below.
Highlights of MIUI 9 Global Bet 7.12.28 ROM:
– Full screen gestures (Settings > Full screen display) can replace navigation buttons
– Fix for top sites setting is restored automatically in Mi Browser
– Fix for Dual Apps for WhatsApp cannot add contact member from group.
– Fix App Vault FC
– Fix for shortcut Wallpaper Carousel in search results Settings not working.
MIUI 9 Full screen gestures are almost similar to iPhone X’s gesture control. With this feature, you can do the following things on your phone
– Swipe from bottom to top of the screen goes to Home screen
– Swipe from bottom and hold for a second bring up Recent apps tab
– Swipe left or right from middle of the screen switches between apps
MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM 7.12.28 recovery and fastboot ROMs are available for all supported devices. If you are already on Global Beta ROM, then you can download the Recovery ROM and install manually.
If your device runs on other OS version or older MIUI ROM, you should download and install Fastboot ROM, which will also wipe data from the device.
How to Install MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM
1. Download MIUI 9 Global Beta 7.12.28 ROM (recovery/fastboot) for your phone from here.