Xiaomi has released the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 4 Prime. The update is rolling out through OTA (over the air) for all devices and it weighs around 1.5GB. You need to connect your device to Wi-Fi to install the update via Updater app. If you are unable to install the OTA update due to network trouble, you can download and install the MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable build manually on Redmi 4 Prime.
The MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable update for Redmi 4 Prime does not include any new specific features, but includes system apps update option and fixes many bugs found with the previous MIUI 8.2 version, including the one that caused duplicate contacts appeared after multiple imports from SIM card. Read on to know where to download the MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global stable build for Redmi 4 Prime, and how to install it manually on the handset.
The MIUI 22.214.171.124 update for Redmi 4 Prime is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and features the following.
– Fix for duplicate contacts appeared after multiple imports from SIM card
– Fixes notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
– Fixes issues with opacity after using third party themes
– Includes Lockscreen notifications swipe to delete, UI adjustments for toggles, battery saver toggle for notification shade, antivirus scans for APK files, etc.
– General bug fixes and optimizations.
To install the MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable update, if your Redmi 4 Prime runs on MIUI 8 Global stable ROM, go to the ‘Updater’ app on your phone and check for updates. Users can also install the update via either Fastboot or recovery method by downloading the full firmware.
Installing MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery image is a simple process, but your device should be on stock MIUI ROM and stock recovery. If you prefer recovery method, you may follow this guide to know how to install the update manually. (Source – MIUI)