After several months of beta testing, finally Huawei starts rolling out stable build of Android 7.0 Nougat based EMUI 5.0 update for Honor 8. The Nougat EMUI 5.0 OTA update starts rolling out in many regions and will reach on all devices (FRD-L09, FRD-L14, FRD-L19, etc.) in the coming days. If you have not received the OTA update notification yet, you can try it via the Huawei HiCare app. You can also manually install the Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0) update on Huawei Honor 8 by downloading the firmware.
Huawei’s EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) reveals a simple, atmospheric elegance in terms of color, font, layout and icon. It brings new features like night mode, new notification system, and better battery life, data saver mode, App twin, Huawei share, new Emojis, etc. as well as performance enhancements to Honor 8.
The safest way to update your Honor 8 to Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) is though OTA. To get the Nougat OTA update, your device should be on the latest version of the firmware. Tech-savvy users can install the update manually. We will provide detailed guide on it when the update is file available for download.
Since the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get on all devices. If you have not received the OTA notification, you can force update by using Huawei’s HiCare app.
1. If you have not received the OTA notification for EMUI 5.0 update, then check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If update found, download and install it.
2. If no update found, download and install HiCare app from Play store here.
3. Launch the app and select ‘Service’ tab.
4. Select ‘OS Update early adopters’ [If such option is not there, Me > Settings >Location > choose another location and try again]
5. If available, accept and follow the instructions. Once done, check for update on your device.