After a long wait, finally Indian Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 (2016 edition) starts getting the Android 7.0 Nougat update. Samsung has already rolled out Nougat update to Galaxy A5 (2016) and Galaxy A7 (2016) in various regions, including Russia. Galaxy A5 (SM-A510FD) and Galaxy A7 (SM-A710FD) variant in India has also starting to receive the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA (over the air) update. Note that not all owners of A5 and A7 will get the OTA in the same day, but it will take few days to reach out everyone.
Android 7.0 Nougat update for Indian Galaxy A5 (2016) weighs around 985MB in size, and Indian Galaxy A7 (2016) weighs around 970 MB in size. The update offers new TouchWiz UI and various performance modes. If you have not received the OTA notification on your device yet, check it by going to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update. If update found download and install it.
Before starts downloading this update, ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Below are the main changelog of Android 7.0 Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) and Galaxy A7 (2016).
– Provides new UX and various performance modes
– Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
– Improved usability of Multi-window
– Improved settings menu and addition of the Samsung pass feature
– Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
– Latest Android security patches (April 2017)
– General bug fixes
If for some reasons, if you are unable to install the OTA update on your device, you can install the update manually via Odin tool. For example, if you are out of Wi-Fi network, or modified the device, you cannot install the OTA update. In such cases, you can download full firmware and install manually on your Galaxy devices.
2. Download latest version of Odin tool from here to your computer.