Huawei starts Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) Beta testing for Honor 8 in U.S, U.K, India and France. If you are interested to experiment with the new software version (Android 7.0) or want to experience, collaborate, and help identify bugs of EMUI 5.0 (Android Nougat), here is how to participate in the Nougat beta program.
Below we have provided all the necessary details for applying to the Android 7.0 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) BETA test program. Currently the Beta program is valid for Honor 8 (FRD-L02) for India market only and the registration period starts from November 7 (first release) and ends on November 16.
Below are the main features of EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
– A brand new, simple user interface
– Improved system performance
– Multiple app accounts (App twin) – run two apps simultaneously
– Ensures enhanced security for user privacy, mobile payment, communication, and app usage.
Note: This is a beta test for Android 7.0 Nougat and for select owners of Honor 8 (FRD-L02) in India. Not all are eligible for the beta test and advised to wait for the final release, which may roll out in the next month.
Note: It is recommended that users to back up their data before testing, as the Beta is a developer version of the OS and might be unstable.
1. Beta registration period 7th November (1st release) till 16th November for Indian Honor 8 owners.
2. Honor 8 (FRD-L02) owners in India go here [HERE] and agree the Beta Tester Non-Disclosure Agreement.
3. Enter your name, email address, and select phone model (Honor 8)
4. Then enter the IMEI Number. Ensure IMEI1 not IMEI2 (dial *#06# to check the IMEI number)
5. Select the build number (go to Settings -> about phone and look for something like PLK-UL00C675B170).
6. Then enter your Facebook identity (To get in touch with you) and submit the form.
Once the registration is completed, you will receive the OTA update. If you have not received the OTA update notification, go to Settings -> About phone -> System update -> Check Now. On getting the update notifications, select the ‘Yes, Download’ option. After downloading, select -> Install now.
Once the installation process is completed, your Honor will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version (source – XDA)