Huawei’s sub-brand Honor 6X (BLN-L22) in India gets new Android 7.0 Nougat (B320) update. This firmware upgrades Honor 6X runs software version B140 to version B320. The update includes VoLTE for Jio, additional Indian languages, many value added features as well as Nougat native features. If you have not received the OTA update on your Honor 6X yet, you can manually install the update by downloading the firmware.
Before start the manual installation, check your device for OTA update by going to Settings > About phone > System update. You can also force update your phone by using Huawei’s HiCare app. Both methods are easy and safe to install. However, ensure above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone to prevent any unnecessary damaging interruptions in the update process.
However, if your prefer manual installation, then read on to know how to download and install B320 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) update on Honor 6X (BLN-L22) in India.
Note that the below given files and procedure are for Indian Honor 6X BLN-L22 variant only. Do not try it on other Honor 6X variant. In addition, the software upgrade your Honor 6X from BLN-L22C675B140CUSTC675D002 to BLN-L22C675B320CUSTC675D002.
Important: Ensure above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone. As always, back up any important data you have on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download Honor 6X B320 firmware zip file (update.zip) from here and unzip it.
2. On your phone, create ‘dload’ folder in the root of your SD card. Transfer the update.app file (extracted firmware file) in it.
3. Now, dial *#*#2846579#*#* on your phone to open software upgrade menu.
4. In the menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade, then select and run the update.
5. Once the process is completed, reboot your phone.
1. Download B320 update for Honor 6X (update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip) from here and unzip the file.
2. Now, go to the ‘delod’ folder and delete all the content. Then copy the entire file, including update.app from the extracted firmware file and save them in ‘deload’ folder.
3. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* in the dial pad to get the software upgrade menu, select Software Upgrade > SD card Upgrade and then select and run the update.
4. The update will start and once completed, your device will reboot.
Now you have successfully installed the latest stock firmware on your Huawei Honor 6X. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.