As reported earlier, OnePlus has released Android 8.0 Oreo based OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 16 for OnePlus 3T. Users who are signed up for OxygenOS Open Beta program will get the new OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 OTA update on the device. Other users can download and install the ROM manually and experience the Android Oreo goodies like Picture in Picture mode, Auto-fill, Smart text selection and more.
If you install OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 on your OnePlus 3/3T, you can experience Android 8.0 and its new features like PIP (Picture in Picture), notification dots, Smart text selection, Auto-fill, revamped Quick Settings menu, September 2017 security patches and more. Below is the full changelogs of this new update.
Below are the full changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 for OnePlus 3/3T:
– Update to Android O (8.0)
– Added Picture in Picture
– Added Auto-fill
– Added Smart text selection
– New Quick Settings design
– September security patch
– Added Notification dots in Launcher
– Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
– Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
Below are the known issues of OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16
– Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
– Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
– Some stability issues with NFC and Bluetooth
– Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized.
2. After downloading the firmware on your computer, follow this installation instruction.
Important note: If you want to go back to previous Nougat based Open Beta 24/15 for OnePlus 3/3T, you should download the downgrade build and flash it via stock recovery. Here is how it is.
Note: The below procedure will wipe app and cache data, but Internal Storage will be saved.
2. Reboot your phone in to recovery Mode.
3. Choose “Install from Local”
4. Choose the downloaded build to install.
Keep in mind that all files mentioned above are beta, so you may experience bugs and it is unstable. (Source – OnePlus)