An unofficial version of CM14.1/Lineage OS is now available for Huawei Honor 8, which brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat to the device. Custom ROM fans can download and install the unofficial CyanogenMod 14.1 on their Honor 8 right now and experience the all-new Android 7.1.1 Nougat and its sweat features. Check out the installation guide and prerequisites for installing CM14.1 on Honor 8.
As you all know, CyanogenMod is now dead and switched to Lineage OS. We are all expecting that Lineage OS will support all existing CyanogenMod devices and it is expected that the first build of Lineage OS based on Android Nougat (CyanogenMod 14.1) will be released by January 2017. Check out Lineage OS website for more details.
Comes to the unofficial CM14.1 for Honor 8, this is a testing build (Beta) and not yet ready to be used as a daily driver. Though most things are working, Camera, FPS, GPS, Encryption are not working yet. We hope that the developer surdu_petru may fix these issues in the coming builds.
The procedure for flashing this ROM on Honor 8 should be the same as other custom ROMs, but your device should be running Android Marshmallow. Before proceeding with below steps take extra care and more importantly take backups.
Prerequisites: For installing CM14.1 (Lineage OS) requires latest version of TWRP recovery and root access on Honor 8
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Now, turn off the phone and turn it on into TWRP recovery by pressing Volume Down and Power buttons together.
3. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and create a system backup.
4. Now, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
5. Now, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and swipe to install it. Repeat it for installing Gapps package.
6. Once installation done, wipe cache and dalvik cache and then reboot your phone.
Set up and enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Honor 8. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – surdu_petru)