There are thousands of customization apps (launchers, lock screen replacements, etc.) are available for Android users to make their devices unique and personal. I had mentioned many of them in previous articles. Here is a new launcher app from Sony Xperia Z, which you can use to replace your phone’s stock launcher. The Xperia Z Launcher supports almost all Android phones running on ICS (Android 4.0.3) and above.
Released by an XDA forum member ra3al, the Sony Xperia Z Launcher provides a plethora of customization options to make your device unique and personal. In addition, you can also add widgets from the Sony Xperia Z, which should make your experience equally better.
Sony Xperia Z Launcher Features the Followings:
– Support for any resolution and any DPI setting
– User selectable desktop and App drawer grid size (from 3×3 up to 12×12)
– User assignable swipe, pinch and double tap gestures and button actions
– Infinite scrolling
– Hiding apps on the app drawer
– Support for Go Launcher and Launcher Pro icon packs
– Personalize individual shortcuts’ icon and label
– Backup & restore launcher settings
– Adding shortcuts to launcher actions and to any activity
Installation of Xperia Z launcher
The Xperia Z launcher can install just like any other APK file. Download it from the given link below and install it. After installation, click your device’s home button, then select “Xperia Launcher” to launch the Xperia Z launcher.
If you don’t know how to manually install an APK file, just read it below:
– First, download the Xperia Z launcher APK file and copy the .apk file to your device’s SD Card.
– Make sure “Unknown Sources” option is enabled by going to Settings » Application.
– Navigate to your SD car (you can use a file manager) and tap on the .apk file to start installation. It’ll be installed in few seconds.
Download Sony Xperia Z Launcher (it’s free) from XDA.