Nexus 5X is the latest, mass-market Nexus device by Google. Running on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Nexus 5X offers good performance, but if you would like to get new features like the Day/Night UI, theme support, advanced reboot, etc. the Frank N5X AOSP custom ROM brings all them.
In this guide, we will explain how to install Frank N5X AOSP custom ROM on Nexus 5X. While this Android 6.0 Marshmallow based ROM brings stock feels, it adds a variety of new features to Nexus 5X, such as Layers theme support, Day/Night theme switching, Volume rocker wake, etc.
The status of Frank N5X AOSP Android 6.0 custom ROM is stable and can be installed on a rooted Nexus 5X via TWRP custom recovery. Below are the added features of Frank N5X AOSP ROM.
-Day/Night theme switcher from first M preview
-SuperSu 2.52 flashed with the rom
-Volume rocker wake
-Volume rocker cursor control
-Long press quick settings control
Also Read: How to add theme support to Nexus 5X
How to Install Frank N5X AOSP Custom ROM on Nexus 5X
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only
Warning: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Backup every data on your phone, just in case.
1. Download Frank N5X AOSP custom ROM and Gapps [HERE] and move both the zip files to your Nexus 5X.
2. Reboot your Nexus 5X into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone, press Vol Down + Power buttons.
3. In TWRP recovery, select ‘Wipe -> Advanced wipe’ and delete System, Data and Cache
4. Once done, return to main recovery menu, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
5. Repeat the step 4 for flashing Gapps zip file.
6. Once done, reboot your Nexus 5X and enjoy.
It will take little long time for the first boot. Once booted up, setup your Nexus 5X and enjoy new features. (source – XDA)