After Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta testing on Huawei Honor 7, Huawei has extended the beta testing program for Honor 4X, Honor 6 and Honor 6+ in the UK. Owners of these phones can now sign up to test Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Below we have provided all the necessary details for applying to the Android 6 BETA test program.
To apply for Android 6.0 Marshmallow beta test, your Honor 4X (CHE2-L11) already needs to be running the B310 firmware version. Honor 6 (H60-L04) should be on the B521 firmware version and Honor 6+ needs to be running on the B324 firmware version. Also, this program is currently valid for the UK devices only.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update brings Huawei’s new EMUI 4.0, new features, performance enhancements, bug fixes, Doze battery saving mode, App permission, etc. to your Honor device.
Note: This is a beta test for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and for select owners in the UK. Not all are eligible for the beta test and advised to wait for the final release, which may roll out in the next month.
1. Honor 4X, 6 and 6+ owners in the UK go here [HERE], choose phone model and select the current software version (go to Settings -> about phone and look for C432B310, C900B521 or C900B324).
2. Then enter the IMEI Number. Ensure IMEI1 not IMEI2 (dial *#06# to check the IMEI number)
3. Then, enter your name and your email address and then accept the disclaimer.
4. Once the registration is completed, you will receive the OTA update within 24-48Hrs.
5. If you have not received the OTA update notification, go to Settings -> About phone -> System update -> Check Now.
6. On getting the update notifications, select the ‘Yes, Download’ option. After downloading, select -> Install now.
Once the installation process is completed, your Honor will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version (source)