Galaxy Grand Duos I9082/I9082L receives AOSP based Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM unofficially from XDA developers that you can install on your device and enjoy the newest Marshmallow OS version on it. Galaxy Grand Duos is a mid-range Android phone from 2013, so it is obvious that the device will not get official Android 6.0 update from Samsung.
Rooted Galaxy Grand Duos I9082/I9082Lusers can update their phone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow unofficially. Thanks to the XDA member pawitp for porting the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Grand Duos. The AOSP based ROM will bring pure Marshmallow experience on your phone.
The ROM status is Alpha, which means, it is not a fully functional ROM and not ready to be used as a daily driver yet. A number of things do not work, so use them at your own risk.
What does works (as of October 13):
What does not work (As of October 13)
RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data) does not work
Dual SIM does not work
FM Radio does not work
SELinux is in permissive mode
Runtime storage permission does not work properly
Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
[We assume that the developer will fix all the issues soon. Tech savvy users can tryout the ROM now at their own risk]
Installation Instruction :
Disclaimer: Flash the ROM at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Note: Before installing this ROM, download [HERE] and install the CWM recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM recovery will result in a “status 7” error.
Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM’s bootloader, please upgrade to 4.2 before flashing.
1. Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM zip file [HERE] and copy the zip file to root of your SD card (not in any folder)
2. Now, boot your Grand Duos into custom recovery mode. To do so, switch Off your device and press Volume (+), Menu, Power buttons together.
3. From recovery, do a full wipe (cache partition, data wipe/factory reset, dalvic cache)
4. Now, choose install ZIP from SD card and select the ROM zip file (use Vol buttons for navigation) and flash it.
5. If you want, flash Google Apps as well (have a search on Google to find Marshmallow compatible Gapps)
6. Once again, do a full wipe (Data wipe/ Factory reset, cache partition and dalvic cache)
7. Now, go to the main menu and select ‘reboot system now’.
That is it. Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos will boot into Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS version.
Important Note: Keep in mind that, currently above mentioned ROM is experimental and contain several bugs. It may brick your device, so use at your own risk! (Source – XDA)