Nowadays, people are using their Smartphone not just for calling and texting, but for a variety of other uses such as paying bills, storing valuable information, checking emails, social networking and also for banking. So, one of the first things you should do when you purchase a new phone is to install a mobile security suite. For Android phone, you may try Comodo Mobile Security for Android, which is designed to protect your Android devices against viruses, unsafe apps, unwanted SMS and calls.
Comodo Mobile Security for Android (CMS) provides real-time protection against emerging threats on your mobile device with its mobile-optimized antivirus scanning engine and mobile security manager. It also helps you protect your privacy and keep your android optimized.
1. Antivirus Scan and Health Check: It scans your device for viruses, unsafe apps, and potentially risky settings of your phone.
2. Process Manager: Scans your phone and let you know running apps and process. You can kill the unnecessarily running apps and process to release extra memory. Just select items and tap on Kill selected.
3. Software Manager: It shows installed and system default apps. From here, you can uninstall any apps the you don’t need any more.
4. Call & SMS Blocking: This is a very useful feature. You can filter out annoying calls and text messages by configuring white and black contact lists or simply block messages by certain keywords.
5. Private Space: From this option, you can password protect private calls, text messages and contacts that are for your eyes only.
6. Scheduled Task: You can add tasks such as Enter Flight mode, leave Flight mode, antivirus scan and execute the action automatically at scheduled times.
As there is an increasing number of threats on smartphones and securing the mobile device from hackers and unauthorized agents becomes a major concern, this application has a greater value.