After several months of beta testing, finally OnePlus starts rolling out stable version of Android 7.0 Nougat based OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3. The update includes various new features, improvements and latest Android security patches to the device. Since the OxygenOS 4.0 OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take few days to get the update on all OnePlus 3. However, if you cannot wait for the OTA, or have network trouble, you can manually install the update by downloading the OTA update zip file.
In the below guide, we show you how to manually side load stable version of OxygenOS 4.0 on OnePlus 3. The update weighs around 1.4GB and upgrade OnePlus 3 to Android 7.0 Nougat. It features new notification design, new setting menu design, multi-window mode, custom DIP settings, performance improvement, better battery life and more.
Main changelog of OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3:
– Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
– New Notifications Design
– New Settings Menu Design
– Multi-Window View
– Notification Direct Reply
– Custom DPI Support
– Added Status Bar Icon Options
– Improved Shelf Customization
Check out the installation guide to know how to sideload OxygenOS 4.0 on OnePlus 3 via ADB.
Note: As always, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Setup ADB and Fastboot driver on your computer (read this guide)
2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
3. Download OxygenOS 4.0 for OnePlus 3 (1.4GB) from here, rename the file as update.zip and save it inside the ADB installation directory.
4. Now, switch off OnePlus 3, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
5. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
6. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload update.zip
./adb sideload update.zip
7. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0.
Leave your views about this update in the comment section below. (Source – OnePlus)