Recently, Asus rolled out ZenUI 4.0 update – its lighter, cleaner and smarter software for ZenFone 4 Max and ZenFone 3 Zoom. Now, ZenFone 3 Max also gets ZenUI 4.0 update. The FOTA update with build number 14.0200.1712.347 starts getting on ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL). You can also download firmware (ZC553KL_ WW_14.0200.1712.347) and install manually on your phone as given below.
The official ZenTalk forum does not reveal the full changelog of this update, except ZenUI 4.0 (release date December 20, 2017). However, it might also include several optimizations, general bug fixes and latest security patches. Based on Android Nougat, OTA notification for the new software update will receive on your phone soon.
Asus is continually working to make its ZenUI faster. The new ZenUI 4.0 is said to be lighter, cleaner, and smarter than ever. It offers various new features like App Twin, AI-powered Gallery, SOS features, refreshing style and more.
Since the FOTA update is rolling out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the ne ZenUI 4.0 software update notification on all Zenfone Max3 (ZC553KL).
You can manually check the update by going go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update manually. Or, follow guide to install the update manually.
– Make sure at least 2.5 GB free space on the internal storage
– Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining on the phone
– Back up every data you have on the phone.
Note: This guide is for Zenfone Max ZC553KL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, etc.). Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
How to Install ZenUI 4.0 Update on ZenFone 3 Max
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Download Nougat update for Zenfone 3 Max (ZC553KL_ WW_14.0200.1712.347) from here and save the zip file on your phone.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
3. In recovery, choose ‘Apply update from SD card’ and then select the firmware zip file.
4. After completing the installation, reboot your phone.
Enjoy the new ZenUI 4.0 and other new features. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source)