Yureka Black is Yu Televenture’s recent launch, which comes packed with decent specs and features. The entry-level smartphone is comes with locked bootloader. If you want development on your Yureka Black, like installing custom ROMs, need unlocked bootloader, custom recovery like TWRP and root access on it. You can easily achieve all these by following the below guide.
In this guide, we show you how to unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root Yu Yureka Black. Unlocked bootloader, custom recovery and root access gives various possibilities to tech-savvy users. For example, you can try out custom ROMs like LineageOS, customize your device, strip off unnecessary system apps and more.
However, note that unlocking the bootloader will void your device’s warranty and factory reset your device. In addition, the process cannot be reversed. if you do not care about the unlocked bootloader, then read on to how to unlock your Yureka Balck’s bootloader.
Warning: The below guide will void your device warranty. Also, it will wipe your device completely. Backup data you have on the phone before proceeding.
Disclaimer: This guide is for advanced users only. We will not take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
How to Unlock Yureka Black Bootloader
1. On your phone, go to ‘Developer Options’ and Enable ‘OEM Unlock’ and ‘USB debugging’. To enable Developer Options, go to ‘About phone’ and tap on Build number 7 times.
2. Connect your Yureka Black to PC via a USB cable.
3. Now, on your PC go to ADB installation folder (usually it will be at
C:\ADB) and open a command window from there (Press Shift key, right click and select ‘open command window here’ option).
4. Type below command and hit enter to boot your Yureka Black into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
5. Now, type the command
fastboot devices and hit enter. If your device is not listed in the command prompt, install proper fastboot driver on your PC and repeat the steps.
6. If your device is listed, then type below command and hit enter to unlock the bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock-go
The above command will unlock your device and reboot into bootloader mode. The process will factory reset your device for security reason.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Yureka Black
2. Download TWRP recovery (unofficial) for Yureka Black [HERE] and rename it recovery.img.
3. Enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” in Developer Options settings.
4. Copy and paste the TWRP recovery image (recovery.img) inside the ADB installation folder on your computer.
5. Boot your phone into Fastboot mode by issuing the command:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now, flash TWRP recovery by issuing the below command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7. Once done, reboot your phone by issuing the command:
How to Root Yureka Black
1. Download SuperSU zip file from here and save it on your device
2. Boot your device into TWRP recovery mode
3. In TWRP, tap on ‘Install’, select SuperSU zip file and swipe to confirm flash.
4. Once done, reboot your device.
Note that, the SuperSu installation will cause reboot your device once again, wait for the phone to boot. Any question, leave it in the comment section below. (Source – yuplaygod forum)