YU Yuphoria owners can now update their device to Android 7.0 Nougat. A working build of unofficial CyanogenMod 14 is now available for YU Yuphoria that brings Android Nougat 7.0 and its new features to the handset. Tech-savvy users can easily install the CM14 ROM on their Yuphoria via TWRP custom recovery and with root access. Read on to know what the requirements are and how to install unofficial CyanogenMod 14 (Android 7.0 Nougat) on Yuphoria.
The Android 7.0 Nougat based unofficial CyanogenMod 14 for Yuphoria (lettuce) is an initial build. Though most things are working fine, the build might contain several bugs that are not yet identified. So, this build should not be installed on a regularly using device. However, if you are excited to tryout the Android Nougat on your Yu Yuphoria, just follow the installation instruction.
The below guide let you know how to flash Android 7.0 Nougat based CyanogenMod 14 custom ROM (unofficial) on Yuphoria.
Known bugs of this build:
– Video decoding & encoding
– Ringtone does not ring sometimes
1. For installing this ROM requires root access and TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
2. Your device should be charged fully to avoid any break down during the installation process.
3. Backup all data you have on the phone. Also, make a Nandroid back in TWRP recovery.
How to install CyanogenMod 14 (Nougat) on Yu Yuphoria
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Download the CyanogenMod 14 (unofficial) for Yu Yuphoria (lettuce) [HERE] or [Development page]. Copy the zip file to your device’s internal storage. Also download Android 7.0 compatible Gapps [HERE] and move it to your device’s internal storage.
2. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery (Press and hold Volume Down & Power Button together)
3. In TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended).
4. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear data, Clear cache, Clear system.
6. Now, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache to fix any bootloop issue. Finally, reboot your device.
You have now successfully installed CyanogenMod 14 on your Yuphoria. If you come across any issue during the installation process, leave it in the comment section below to get help. (Source – ace312)