Usually, there is no reason for your Android phone’s screen turn on and stay on while it is charging. However, on some devices it will happen and does not turn off automatically, even if you set to turn the screen off at 15 seconds or any other timing. This is very annoying, especially at night. If your phone screen will not turn off while charging, read on to know how to fix the issue.
There are certain reasons or if a particular option is enabled, your Android phone’s screen will not turn off while charging. For example, if you enabled the Stay Awake feature, enabled the Daydream feature, connected your phone to your computer or a bad charging cable can cause your phone screen stay on while charging.
1. First, look into the Stay Awake feature is enabled. This feature is available under Developer Options. If “developer options” is enabled on your phone, go to your phone Settings -> Developer options -> and see whether the Stay Awake option is ticked. If it is so, untick the option.
2. Now, if you do not have “Developer options” enabled and the problem is still there, you could enable it and make sure “Stay Awake” option is enabled. Go to your phone Settings -> About phone and tap the build number seven times to enable Developer Options.
3. Another thing you have to look into fix the issue is Daydream feature of your phone. Make sure that this feature is turned off by going to Settings -> Display -> Daydream. If turned on, the screen will turn on when charging and off as soon as 100% charge reaches.
4. Next thing you have to take into consideration is, do not connect your phone to your computer for charging. It is possible that activity or alert on a computer can turn on your phone screen when it is not required.
5. Finally, make sure you are using original charging cable and charger for charging your Android phone. I hope that one of the above solutions will work for you.