Own a Samsung Galaxy S2 (I9100) and want to update it with something more modern, but still want to stay on Samsung firmware? Then the cooked ROM WizzedKAT is something that you looked for. The latest version of the ROM brings the interface of Galaxy S5 to Galaxy S2. Launcher, menu system, dialer, notification drawer and all appear just like the new Galaxy S5.
The WizzedKAT ROM features S5 like icons, wallpapers and sound, Note3-like Accuweather widget and guestures, Note 2 like gallery, unlock screen and pop-up browser, new SVoice app, transparent status bar with white icons, and other various optimization. Read more about the ROM at this XDA thread.
As always make a Nandroid back up of your device.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. Download the ROM from the link given at the end of this post and copy it to your phone’s SD card.
2. Reboot Galaxy S2 into recovery mode. To do so, Switch off your phone and then press and hold the VOLUME UP + HOME + POWER together.
3. Tap on wipe data/factory reset and confirm by clicking Yes (it’ll delete all user data).
4. Now, from the main menu select Install Zip and choose the ROM zip file (you just copied to the SD card)
5. Once the installation completed, reboot your phone.
Have you run into trouble? Here are some fixes.
1. After installing the ROM, the first reboot takes 5 to 10 minutes. If it stuck at bootloop, enter into recovery mode, and factory reset your device as well as wipes data/cache partition.
2. If you come across any error message or crashed while installing the ROM, it means the ROM package or not meant for your device.
3. If your phone does not boot anymore, enter into download mode and try to reinstall Samsung original firmware using Odin (you can download original ROM for your device from Sammobile.com)