In this guide, we will show how to use your Android phone as a Mic to talk to Cortana on Windows 10 PC. Most desktop computer comes without a built-in Mic, but you can use your Android phone as wireless (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth) or wired (USB) Mic for your PC without any extra cost. In this way so you can exploit full potential of your Windows 10 PC.
As you all know, Windows 10 for desktop comes with Microsoft’s virtual assistant Cortana, but to talk with her you need a good Mic. By using your Android phone as a wireless or wired Mic, you can ask Cortana to open apps, find things on your PC, ask weather information, ask time and she tell jokes and chat with you.
How to use Android phone as a Mic to talk to Cortana on Windows 10 PC
2. Download WO Mic device driver [HERE] and install it on your Windows 10 PC. Accept the security warning. Also, make sure your PC is connected to internet.
3. Download WO Mic client setup program [HERE] and install it on your PC
4. On your phone, enable USB Debugging (Settings -> Developer options -> USB Debugging)
5. Open WO Mic on your phone. Tap Settings -> Transport -> then select desired option – Bluetooth/USB/Wi-Fi. For example, choose Wi-Fi for wireless Mic.
6. Return to the main screen and tap ‘Start’ button. Note down the IP address displayed on the screen.
7. On your Windows 10 PC, run WO Mic client. Click ‘Option’, and for ‘Transport’, choose Wi-Fi (for our example) and enter the IP address you have copied in the above step and click OK.
8. Now, click ‘Connection’ and then ‘Connect’. Now you are ready to talk to your Cortana.
To get started, select the microphone icon (find it right side of Cortana search box on taskbar) and talk to Cortana. Cortana will help you find things on your PC, manage your calendar, track packages, find files, chat with you, and tell jokes. The more you use Cortana, the more personalized your experience will be.
Though the WO Mic app popup ads, the working of Mic is excellent. I have not noticed any lag while using the app. For better audio quality, you can try WO Mic Pro version.