YU Yunique owners can now upgrade their device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat via official LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM. The developer team has released the first nightly build of LieageOS for it that brings latest Android Nougat 7.1.1 and its sweat new features to the handset. Tech-savvy owners can easily install the custom ROM on their Yunique, if it is rooted and have installed latest version of TWRP custom recovery.
Yu Televentures may release Android Nougat based Yunique YUOS in the future, but not any official information about the upgrade plan available now. Currently Yunique is running on the Marshmallow 6.0.1 based YUOS. However, if you are excited to try the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat, then the LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM is the better alternative. Interested users check out the installation guide given below.
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat based official LineageOS 14.1 for Yunique (jalebi) is a nightly build. Though most things are working fine, the build might contain several bugs that are not yet identified. So, this build should not be installed on a regularly using device.
1. For installing this ROM requires root access and latest version of TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
2. Your device should have 80% battery charge to avoid any break down during the installation process.
3. Backup all data you have on the phone. Also, make a Nandroid back in TWRP recovery.
How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Yu Yunique (jalebi)
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
1. Download the official LineageOS 14.1 (jalebi) for Yunique [HERE] and copy the zip file to your device’s internal storage. Also download Android 7.1 compatible (arm, 7.1) Gapps [HERE] and move it to your device’s internal storage.
2. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery (Press and hold Volume Down & Power Button together)
3. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and create a Nandroid backup (Recommended).
4. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Clear data, Clear cache, Clear system.
6. Now, select Wipe and wipe cache and dalvik cache to fix any bootloop issue. Finally, reboot your device.
You have now successfully installed LineageOS 14.1 on your Yu Yunique. If you come across any issue during the installation process, leave it in the comment section below to get help.