Moto G4 Play owners can now upgrade their handset to Android 7.1.2 with Resurrection Remix OS version 5.8.3. Recently, Moto G4 Play updated to Android 7.1.1 Nougat officially, but if your G4 Play is unlocked and have installed latest version of TWRP recovery on it, then you can install the latest version of Resurrection Remix OS (version 5.8.3). The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 and stable.
If you are interested, let us see what is new in Resurrection Remix OS version 5.8.3 and how to install it on Moto G4 Play. The open sourced Resurrection Remix OS is one of the most customizable custom ROMs out of the box. Version 5.8.3 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and offers several new features to users. The ROM offers plethora of personalization, various gesture controls, button, lockscreen and UI customization. It is also battery friendly.
Today’s guide lets you know how to install Resurrection Remix OS (Android 7.1.2) stable build on Moto G4 Play (code named harpia). Below are the prerequisites for installing the custom ROM on Moto G4.
– Latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on the phone
– Above 50% battery charge remaining on the phone
– Latest stable build of Resurrection Remix OS (harpia) (download from here)
– Android 7.1 compatible (arm 64) Gapps package (download from here)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Save the downloaded ROM zip file and Gapps.zip file on your phone’s storage
2. Reboot the device into TWRP recovery (Press Volume Down & Power buttons simultaneously)
3. In TWRP, select ‘Backup’ and create Nandroid back up.
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to main TWRP menu, and then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package. Once done, install Gapps zip file also.
7. Once installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Any question regarding this guide? Leave it in the comment section below.