Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 was company’s 2011 flagship device and it was one of the most popular and bestselling devices from Samsung. However, I think Samsung has no plan for any new firmware update for Galaxy S2, which means it would not be going getting any more updates after Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. But, don’t worry, if you’re craving to get your hands on the latest Android OS on your Galaxy S2, you can do that by installing custom ROMs.
If you own Galaxy S2 and wish to have the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS on it, the CyanogenMod team has released CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM based on Android Jelly Bean 4.3 for some devices including Samsung Galaxy S2.
Go through the easy guide given below to install the unofficial Jelly Bean 4.3 on your Galaxy S2. Keep in mind that as it’ll wipe your device, backup your phone data such as personal files, images, videos, messages, emails, contacts, apps, SMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Bookmarks, etc.
1. Galaxy S2 must be rooted and custom recovery (ClockworkMod) installed
2. CyanogenMod 10.2 custom ROM for Galaxy S2 (Download it from here)
3. Gapps (Google apps) for CyanogenMod 10.2 (Download from here)
Disclaimer: Follow these instructions carefully. Do it at your own responsibility. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong.
– Download the unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM, Gapps and copy the downloaded files to your phone’s SD card.
– Boot Galaxy S2 into recovery mode (turns off your phone, press, and hold Volume Up + Home + Power Key simultaneously)
– Select “Install Zip from Sd Card” and the select “Choose Zip from Sd Card” (Use Vol up/ Down keys for selection)
– Select CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM .zip file that you placed on your SD card, then select “Yes”, and let the installation process to complete.
After completing the installation, your phone will reboot (for the first time, it’ll take little long time). Now turn off your phone and once again boot it into recovery mode.
From recovery, do wipe factory data and cache and reboot it. It will remove all the system junks as well as solve boot loop and restart issues.
Now, flash the GApps .zip file for CyanogenMod 10.2 by entering into the recovery. You have now Android 4.3 installed on your GS2, Enjoy using it!
Important: Any doubt, feel free to ask us. We hope our guide is easy to use. Please leave us feedback through comment box below.