Asus has released Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for ZenFone Zoom (ZX551KL) and ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL) with new features, brand new ZenUI, bug fixes and security patches. The firmware OTA (over- the- air) update starts rolling out to these devices in countries like US, UK, India, Italy, France, China, Japan, etc. and upgrade the software version for ZenFone Zoom to 184.108.40.206 and for ZenFone Selfie to 220.127.116.112.
If you are facing network issues that prevent you installing the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update on your ZenFone Zoom or ZenFone Selfie, you can manually update by downloading the firmware on your PC. Read on to know how to update ZenFone Zoom/ ZenFone Selfie to Marshmallow manually.
Before get start, let us see what is new in this update. The most important changes in this update are greater control over app permissions, Doze mode (battery life optimization), Motion Gesture, Camera Pano Sphere Mode, and disposal of many bloatware ZenUI apps.
Also, note that the internal storage will decrease slightly after the update, so backup your files before updating. The Marshmallow update will not support APP2SD, so move apps to internal storage before updating.
How to update ASUS ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML) & Selfie ?(ZD551KL)? to Android Marshmallow manually
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Important: Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding. The guide intended for technically talented users only.
Note: Go to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc. Only download correct version, otherwise you will not be able to install the update.
2. Copy and Paste this .zip to your phone’s internal storage
3. Software update notification will pop up on your Zenfone screen. Just tap to update.
If the above method does not helped, you may try the recovery method described below.
1. Copy and paste the downloaded firmware zip in to the SD card of the phone
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Power & Volume Up buttons after switching off the phone.
3. In recovery, select Apply update from sd card, select the firmware zip file.
4. Once the installation process finished, reboot your phone.