Sony Xperia T will not get official Android 4.4.4 KitKat update, but you can update it to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with CM 11 official ROM and enjoy features like the Heads Up notification, new theme engine and more. The following method shows you how to update your Sony Xperia T to Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Sony Xperia T is a decent phone. It powers a 1.5 GHz dual core processor with 1GB RAM, so installing CM 11 official ROM will not slow down it. However, please note that, currently CM11 (M9) is a nightly build, which means it will contain some bugs.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Important: As always, create a backup of all important data in your Xperia T. Also, make a Nandroid back up of your device from recovery. Do not try this ROM on other Xperia devices!
1. Copy the downloaded CM 11 ROM zip file and Gapps zip file to the phone memory.
2. Switch off your phone and boot it into Recovery mode. From recovery, wipe cache partition and the dalvik cache.
3. Now go to “Install zip” and then “Select zip”. Choose the CM 11 ROM zip file. Do the same for Gapps zip file.
4. Once again, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache. Then select “wipe data/factory reset” option and perform full system wipe.
5. Now, return to the main menu and select reboot system now. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod. Enjoy!
Note: The first boot will take a few minutes. Do not press any button until your phone boots up.