Few weeks back Google released Android 8.1 Oreo stable version for Pixel and Nexus devices. A ported version of Pixel Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROM (Pixel Experience ROM) is now available for Redmi Note 4, which brings Oreo goodies and stock Google Pixel like experience on Redmi Note 4. If you are interested, below is the step-by-step guide to install it on your phone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 is a widely popular device and it may update to Android Oreo based MIUI skin officially, but you need to wait several months to get it (Xiaomi is not known for their timely software updates). However, with Pixel Experience custom ROM you can bring Android 8.1 right now and enjoy all the goodies of Oreo.
Developed by the XDA contributor Adesh15, the Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 4 is stable, which means you can use it as a daily driver. All things are working as expected, but since this is a custom ROM, you may experience unknown bugs.
Note that this is an AOSP based ROM, with Gapps (Google apps) and all Pixel stuffs, such as launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc. are included in this ROM.
– Unlocked bootloader and latest version TWRP custom recovery installed on the phone (refer this guide)
– Back up all important data you have on the phone.
– Ensure at least 50% battery charge remaining in the phone.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM (Oreo 8.1) on Redmi Note 4
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Save the file on your phone and then boot your phone into TWRP (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously. Continue to hold both buttons until the “MI” logo appears on the screen, then release).
3. In TWRP recovery, select Backup and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select Wipe and then Advanced Wipe. Select Cache, System and Data partitions to be wiped and then Swipe to Wipe.
5. Go back to return to main menu, then select Install. Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the package.
6. Once the installation has finished, return to the main menu, select Reboot, and then System.
Set up your new OS and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo on Redmi Note 4. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below. (Source – Adesh15)