OnePlus starts rolling out OxygenOS 4.0.2 (Android 7.0 Nougat) update for OnePlus 3/3T with bug fixes. This is a bug fixing update, which fixes bugs reported by users, though no mention about the recent bootloader vulnerability fix. If you are running on the OxygenOS 4.0.1, you will get the OxygenOS 4.0.2 OTA update. As the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get the update on all devices.
Still on Android 7.0 Nougat, the OxygenOs 4.0.2 OTA update fixes proximity sensor issues during calls, Google Play store download bug, increase system stability, custom DPI support, new design for menu and notification and more. However, note that the Wi-Fi connectivity issue still present on the ROM.
If you have not received the OTA update due to network issue or some unknown reasons, you can manually install the update. In this guide, we show you how to update OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T to OxygenOS 4.0.2 with OTA or full ROM. To apply the OTA update, your device should be running on OxygenOS 4.0.1.
Note: Before updating your phone to OOS 4.0.2, make a backup of every data you have on the phone before proceeding with below steps. Also, ensure at least 70% – 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
ADB sideload (Full ROM)
1. Enable USB Debugging on your phone (Settings > Security > USB Debugging)
3. Now, switch off OnePlus 3/3T, press Power + Volume Down buttons together to boot into stock recovery.
4. In recovery, choose ‘Install from USB’ option, and tap OK to confirm. A screen with ‘You are in sideload mode’ will be displayed.
5. Connect your OnePlus 3/3T to your computer and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal (from ADB installation directory)
adb sideload update.zip
./adb sideload update.zip
6. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.0.2.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.0.2 OTA Update manually (OxygenOS 4.0.1 to OxygenOS 4.0.2)
2. Turn off the phone and boot into stock recovery (use Power + Volume Down combination).
3. In recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update’ and select ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘.
4. Navigate to OxygenOS 4.0.2 OTA zip file and select it.
5. Wait until the flashing process complete and then reboot your device.