Lenovo K4 Note was launched with Android 5.1 Lollipop onboard and later it was updated to Marshmallow. Though the handset is capable for receiving the latest Nougat update, Lenovo stopped providing updates to K4 Note. If you own this device and want to update it to latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then your only option is to flash a custom ROM like Resurrection Remix OS. If you are interested, check out the guide below.
In this guide, we show you how to update Lenovo K4 Note (A7010a48) to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via Resurrection Remix OS. Recently, Resurrection Remix released ROM based on latest Android version (currently Android 7.1.2) to many devices including Lenovo K4 Note. You can install the ROM via custom TWRP recovery and enjoy new features of Android Nougat.
For your information, Resurrection Remix OS is one of the best custom ROMs, which is now available for a variety of handsets, including K4 Note. The custom ROM offers various new features to enhance user experience. Resurrection Remix v5.8.3-V3.2 is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat and the status is nightly.
Note: The below given file (Resurrection Remix v5.8.3-V3.2) is nightly build of Resurrection Remix OS which means the ROM is not yet fully ready to be used as a daily driver. However, previous experience shows that if you are ready to face few issues.
1. Your K4 Note should be rooted and latest version of TWRP recovery installed. [If you have not done it already, download TWRP recovery from here and flash it via ADB. Then download latest version of SuperSU zip file and flash via TWRP to get root access]
2. At least 50 – 80 percent battery charge remaining on the phone
3. Back up every data you have on the phone
4. Download latest version of Resurrection Remix (v5.8.3-V3.20 ROM from here
5. Download Android 7.2 compatible Gappas zip package (arm64/pico) from here
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only
1. Copy the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file to your device external storage
2. Now, turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery (press Volume Up and Power button at the same time)
3. Once you are in the recovery, go to ‘Wipe’ > Advanced Wipe > and then wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
4. Now, go to ‘Install’, and then navigate to ROM zip file, which you have copied to external storage. After selecting, swipe to flash the ROM.
5. Install Gapps zip file in the same way.
6. Now, reboot your phone, set up your new ROM and enjoy.
Note that, the firs boot will take more time than usual, so stay patient. If you have any question with this guide, leave it in the comment section below.