LeEco starts rolling out eUI 5.8.019s (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) update to Le Max 2 and Le 2. The new update brings various new features like call recording, dual app support, enables VoLTE, etc. and includes various bug fixes, optimizations and latest Android security patches. The update is rolling out via OTA and you will receive the notification for the update on your device.
In this guide we shows you how to update LeEco Le Max 2 and Le 2 to eUI 5.8.019s (Android 6.0.1) manually. We recommend the OTA (over the air) update for inexperienced users, however if you have issues updating your device via OTA, you can download LeEco Le Max 2 & Le 2 EUI 5.8.019s full OTA file and install manually. Checkout the guide.
The new EUI 5.8 update brings a host of new features, performance boost and bug fixes to both devices. The update enables VoLTE (Le 2), call recording function (Le Max2), dual App feature (Le Max2), three-finger screenshot function (Le 2), quick charge switch (Le Max2), Dolby Atmos (Le Max2), privacy lock (Le 2), and more. You can read more about this update at here.
Let us come to the manual installation guide for Le Max 2 & Le 2. Before start, note that your phone should be on stock ROM, unrooted and stock recovery (not custom recovery like TWRP) to install the OTA update. Also, your handset should be on latest eUI version to apply the update.
1. Download EUI 5.8.019s update file for Le Max 2 (LE_X2_X820-OS-OP-FGXOSOP5801910121S) and Le 2 (S2_X526-OS-OP-IIXOSOP5801910121S) to your PC from here, and rename as “update”.
2. Connect your handset to PC via USB cable
3. Save the downloaded ‘update.zip’ file to the root of internal storage of your device (not in any folder).
4. Disconnect your phone from your PC
5. Start System Update > Settings > Local update > Continue and confirm the installation of the new update.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (Source – Le)