Sometimes ago, Samsung has released Android 4.4.4 KitKat update for Galaxy S3 Korean variants. The developer community has ported this version to international variants of Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, which means you can update your international variants of Galaxy S3 3G (GT-I9300) and Galaxy S3 SK-3G (SHW-M440S) to Touchwiz Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
For your information, Samsung will not update international variants of Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat due to issues with the TouchWiz and low memory [The international variant of S3 has 1 GB of RAM, while the Korean variant has 2GB of RAM], but the real fact is that the KitKat works flawlessly even under 1GB of RAM.
This Android 4.4.4 KitKat port for international Galaxy S3 works without much issue, but has few Known issues with SMS messaging and signal strength displaying. The developer may fix these issues shortly.
The ROM features the following:
– Touchwiz Android 4.4.4 for Exynos Galaxy S3 3G
– Ported from Exynos Galaxy S3 LTE
– Havily debloated
– Deodexed, zipaligned, uncompressed
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Though we are putting our level best to provide this tutorial at its maximum perfection and accuracy, we can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only
For installing this ROM, your Galaxy S3 must be rooted and a custom recovery (CWM) installed.
1. Download the ROM [Here], copy and paste the ROM you have downloaded in to the SD card
2. Disconnect the phone from PC and turn it off, then reboot into recovery mode (volume Up + Home + Power)
3. Go to Backup & restore and make secure Backup to make a backup of your current system.
4. From recovery, select ‘Wipe data’ and confirm Yes.
5. Select ‘Wipe Cache partition’ and confirm Yes.
6. Select ‘Advanced’ -> Wipe dalvik Cache and confirm Yes.
7. Select Install zip from sdcard , then select Choose zip file and click OK.
8. Select the ROM zip file and confirm.
9. Select Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu to reboot your phone.
It will take a few minutes to complete the first booting process. Hope you will enjoy this guide. Leave your views in the comment section below. (via – XDA)