HTC starts rolling out official Android 8.0 Oreo update for unlocked variant HTC 10. The OTA update comes with build number 3.16.617.2 and update the unlocked HTC 10 to Android 8.0 Oreo. As usual, HTC has uploaded the Oreo RUU.exe files to its download page for manual installation. If you have any issue downloading the OTA update, you can use the RUU.exe file instead to update HTC 10 to Oreo.
In this guide, we show you how to update HTC 10 to Android 8.0 Oreo manually with official RUU (3.16.617.2) firmware. The manual installation process is simple. All you need to have a PC, HTC firmware file (RUU update files) for HTC 10, HTC Sync Manager installed on your PC (for driver files) and a USB cable to connect your handset to your PC.
Android 8.0 Oreo update comes with HTC’s Sense 9 skin, features like Picture-in-picture, Autofill, notification dots, multi-display, notification channels, better battery life, and more.
If you have not received the OTA update notification for firmware build 3.16.617.2, check it by navigating to Settings > About and check for the update.
You can also download the official HTC 10 Oreo RUU 3.16.617.2 firmware file (1.8GB) and flash it yourself.
WARNING: The below procedure will delete all information from the device. Back up every data you have on the phone before proceeding.
How to Install Oreo RUU file on HTC 10 Manually
1. Download [HERE] and install HTC Sync Manager on your PC in order to get the proper drivers, if you do not have it already.
2. Download HTC 10 Oreo RRU update file [HERE] to your PC.
3. Connect your device to your PC via the supplied USB cable. If the PC does not recognize the device, check USB cable.
4. Once the device is properly recognized on the PC, locate the HTC 10 Oreo RRU update exe file that you downloaded. Double-click on the exe file to launch the system update wizard.
5. Follow all of the system update wizard instructions shown on your PC.
6. Once the update is complete, click Finish in the Wizard and the device will reboot. Set up and enjoy.
Note: If the update wizard fails to recognize your HTC 10, close the update wizard and then follow the below steps.
1. Turn off HTC 10, press Volume Down button and press Power button to turn on the phone.
2. It will boot your device in to ‘Download’ mode
3. Connect the device to the PC and start the ROM update process again
4. Once the device reboots, set up and enjoy.
Note: To exit download mode manually, use the volume keys to navigate to reboot and press the POWER button to select it. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – HTC)