Honor 5X users in India can now update their device to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Huawei starts rolling out the official stable build of Marshmallow OTA update for Honor 5X (KIW-L22), which brings EMUI 4.0 user interface, new features, bug fixes and latest security patches to the device. Earlier, Honor 7, Honor 6, Huawei P8 Lite, P9, etc. have received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, and now it is Honor 5X.
In this guide, we will let you know how to update Honor 5X KIW-L22 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow manually. Currently, Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is available for Honor 5X KIW-L22 variant only (India). Update for other variant (KIW-L21, KIW-L24) are imminent. You can update your Honor 5X to latest Marshmallow via Huawei’s HiCare app or manually by downloading the OTA update.
Besides the Marshmallow’s native features like the Doze battery saver, personalized app permission, etc. Honor 5X KIW-L22 will get the following new features as well. Emotion UI 4.0-user interface, message cancel send within 4 seconds, compass, 6 different alarm ring duration settings, screen recording, contact sharing using Barcode reader and Huawei Swype keyboard with Indian languages.
Warning: Though it will not wipe your data, it is highly recommended to take a backup of your data before proceeding with the below steps.
Note that, your device should be on any of these versions to get the update via HiCare app.
1. Download the latest version of HiCare App from Play Store [HERE]
2. Open the app, accept the agreement and select your region as Asia Pacific and location India (English)
3. Tap on “OS upgrade option”, accept the terms and conditions and then tap on Apply.
4. A pop appears, tap on the “System Update” and then tap on “Check for updates”.
5. You will see new software version. Tap on it to update your Honor 5X to latest version.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. Backup all data you have on the phone before proceeding.
1. Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA zip file for Honor 5X KIW-L22 [HERE] (1.5GB)
2. Now, create a folder named ‘dload’ in the root your Honor 5X internal storage or SD card and place the update.zip file in that folder.
3. Go to the phone settings > Update and press the menu button.
4. Select Local update. It will detect the update.zip and the installation process will start. Once the flashing process finished, reboot your phone and enjoy!