Official Android 4.4 KitKat update is now available for Gionee M2 in India. Indian users can now update their Gionee M2 to Android 4.4 KitKat and enjoy many new features like the new desktop layout, wireless printing, and more on their phone. It is not an OTA update, so users should update their phone manually.
For your information, the Gionee M2 is a low cost smartphone runs on Android 4.2 JellyBean. It powers a1.3GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM and a Mali 400 GPU. Besides that, it sports a 5-inch LCD display, a massive 4,200mAh battery, 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera.
Update Instruction for Gionee M2:
1. Install Android driver on your computer.
3. Open SP Flash Tool extracted folder and run the ‘Flash_tool’ exe file.
4. In the app window, select “Scatter-loading” option and choose “MT6592_Android_scatter” from the firmware extracted folder
5. In the Flash Tool, click on “Firmware-Upgrade” option.
6. Connect your Gionee M2 with the USB cable to your PC and then switch it on. The upgrade process will be triggered and it completes after a few minutes.
Once the upgrade process completed, disconnect the phone from PC and switch on your phone again. Enjoy Android 4.4.2 KitKat! (Source)