Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190/I9192 users can now update their phone to Android 4.4.4 KitKat with CyanogenMod 11 M11 custom ROM and enjoy many features including the new theme engine. In this guide, we will show you how to install CM11 ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190/I9192 smartphone with troubleshooting guide.
For your information, CynogenMod 11 (CM11) is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based Android 4.4.4 KitKat ROM with subtly added tweaks and improvements. It gives several welcome tweaks and customization options to boost your phone’s performance. In addition, on most devices it feels like very responsive and faster than the stock ROM.
Below are the new tweaks and features of CM11 M11 ROM.
– Adjustments to ‘Glove Mode’ (High Touch Sensitivity)
– APN Updates for various regions
– Camera: Add support for all available Slow Shutter speeds (hardware dependent) and improves shutter button
– Dialer/InCallUI: Fix smartcover always showing answer fragment
– Show devices connected to your WiFi (tethering) Hotspot
– Lockscreen: Do not play sounds while a phone call is active & MSIM updates
– Frameworks & Core Apps: CAF and other upstream updates
– Frameworks: Add base & MSIM APIs for SEEK (Secure Element Evaluation Kit) support, fix volume button changing two ‘steps’ per click, add ‘Screen Off’ action for double-tap/long-press configuration options
– Fix bug related to ‘switch to last app’ action while in Recents view
– Fix Navigation Bar arrow keys in RTL locales
– Translations updates from CyanogenMod CrowdIn team
Disclaimer: Follow the guide carefully and at your own risk. We will not take any responsibility if anything went wrong. This guide is intended only for technically talented users.
a. Your Galaxy S4 mini must have rooted and has ClockworkMod /TWRP recovery installed.
c. Download CyanogenMod 11 M11 (Android v4.4.4) Custom ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190/I9192 [Here].
e. Backup every important data as well as create a Nandroid backup from recovery, so you can restore them in case anything goes wrong.
1. Connect your phone to your PC and transfer both the zip files (ROM and Gapps) to your phone’s root of SD card (do not put in any other folder).
2. Now, disconnect your phone from your PC, then switch off your Galaxy S4 Mini and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
3. From recovery, perform ‘wipe data/factory reset’, ‘wipe cache partition‘ and from Advanced ‘wipe dalvik cache’. (Use Volume keys to navigate and Power button to select options)
4. Now, go back to the main recovery menu and tap ‘install zip from SD card’.
5. Then, tap ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option and then select the ROM .zip file (saved in SD card) and enter the installation process.
6. Repeat the same procedure again to install the Google Apps
7. Once the installation is done, tap go back and reboot your phone by selecting ‘reboot system now’.
For the first time, it will take a few minutes to complete the booting process. Once done, go to Settings -> About phone and confirm the installation of CyanogenMod Android v4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M11 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190/I9192. (Source – CyanogenMod)
1. If your phone gets into the boot loop sequence (stuck in the welcome screen), boot your phone into custom recovery, perform ‘wipe cache partition’ and from ‘Advanced’ option perform ‘wipe dalvik cache’.
2. If above procedure isn’t helped you, remove battery from your phone and then re-insert it and follow the above installation instructions again.
You have now successfully installed latest version of Kitkat 4.4.4 in Galaxy S4 Mini. Leave your views below in the comment section.