After rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy A and Galaxy S series devices launched in 2016, Galaxy J7 (SM-J710FN) launched in 2016 has also starts getting the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update. The first J7 variant to get the official Nougat update is Galaxy J7 J710FN for Indian market. Here is how to update Galaxy J7 2016 (India) to official Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
After updating Galaxy J7 2016 (SM-J710FN) to Android 7.0 Nougat (J710FNDDU1BQH7) users can enjoy Samsung’s new Experience UI 8.1, various new usability features, performance improvements, general bug fixes and latest Android security patches (Patch level August 1, 2017).
Below are the full firmware details.
Model: SM-J710FN – Region: INS
Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
Date Build: August 24, 2017
Security Patch Level: August 1, 2017
Note: the Galaxy J5 2016 will also get Android 7 update, which is expected in October, 2017.
The incremental OTA update (J710FNDDU1BQH7) starts rolling out and it will take few days to get the update across the devices. Check for the OTA update manually by heading to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If update found, download and install it. This is the safest method.
2. Unzip the downloaded firmware file and Odin zip file on your Windows PC.
3. Run Odin.exe file
4. Enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” on your phone.
5. Now, boot your phone into ‘Download Mode’ (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons together).
6. Now, connect your phone to your PC. You will get a blue sign in Odin. If not, install proper driver on your PC and start.
7. In Odin, make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked (tick only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes, see below screenshot for example).
8. Select AP in Odin and choose the firmware file (with .tar extension) you have unzipped.
9. If everything OK, click the Start button. Once the ‘Pass’ message is appeared in Odin, reboot your phone.
Troubleshooting: In case you get a Fail message, repeat all the procedure carefully and ensure that you have downloaded correct firmware. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.