Back in February 2017, Huawei updated Honor 8 to EMUI 5.0 (Android 7.0 Nougat) and now the European variant Honor 8 (FRD-L19) starts getting a new Nougat update (B399) with build number FRD-L19C432B399. This update optimizes power consumption for longer usage and improves system security with latest Google security patches. If you own Honor 8 (FRD-L19), then here is how to install the B399 Nougat update.
Read on to know how to update European Honor 8 to latest Nougat version (B399) manually. The safest way to update your Honor 8 to latest B399 Nougat (EMUI 5.0) version is though OTA (over-the-air). However, since the OTA update is rolled out in phases, it will take a week or more to get on all devices.
Note: If you have not received the OTA notification, you can also force update the device by using Huawei’s HiCare app.
Tech-savvy users can install the new B399 Nougat update manually on their Honor 8. Below is download link and detailed guide on how to install the update manually on your Honor 8.
If you have not received the OTA notification for EMUI 5.0 update, then check it manually by going to Settings > About Phone > System Updates > check for the new firmware. If update found, download and install it.
If you prefer manual installation, then check out the guide below. Before proceeding, ensure the following:
– Check your device model number. It should be FRD-L19 and Cust version C432.
– Backup all data like contacts, messages, and apps.
– At least 50-60% charge remaining on the phone.
Download Honor 8 FRD-L19 B399 firmware file:
Update Honor 8 to Latest EMUI 5 (B399) Version Manually
First Method (dload method):
1. Create ‘dload’ folder to root of the SDcard.
2. Unzip the downloaded Update.zip file. Copy and save the “UPDATE.APP” into the ‘dload’ folder.
3. Power off the phone, press the Volume UP and Volume Down keys, and then press the Power key to enter the Software Upgrade Mode.
4. Flashing will start. When the progress bar stop, the phone will restart automatically.
Second Method (TWRP method): Requires TWRP installed on the phone.
1. Copy all three downloaded zip file (link above) to your device.
2. Power off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery mode.
3. In recovery, select Install, navigate to the Update.zip file, and swipe for flashing. Once done, again select Install and flash update_full_EVA-L09_hw_eu.zip. Once done, flash update_data_full_public.zip file as well.
4. Finally reboot your device.
Note that the first boot will time around 5-10 minutes. Any question? Leave it in the comment section below.