AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+ users can now enjoy the sweetest Android 7.0 Nougat. The company starts rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA update (G928AUCU4EQC6) for Galaxy S6 Edge+ (G928A) with new features and performance enhancements. If you are outside of Wi-Fi coverage, or the update is not found, you can perform a manual system update. Check out the below guide to know how to update AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update includes Samsung’s new Experience UI with enhanced usability, various new features like enhanced multi-window mode, better battery optimization, bundled notification, latest Android security patches, and performance and stability improvements.
If you have not received the update notification yet, check it by going to About Phone > System update. Tech-savvy users can install the Android 7.0 Nougat update (G928AUCU4EQC6) manually on their AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+. Here is how to sideload Android 7.0 Nougat updates manually on the handset.
To update your AT&T Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android 7.0 (firmware version G928AUCU4EQC6), your device should be on firmware version G928AUCS4CQA1 or G928AUCS4CQB2. Make sure the version before proceeding with below steps.
Note: The below guide requires ADB and Fastboot driver setup on your PC. Also, backup all important files before proceeding with the below steps.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
1. If your device runs on G928AUCS4CQA1, download the firmware file ‘SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP’ from here. If it is on G928AUCS4CQB2, download firmware file ‘SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP’ from here. (Source)
Note: selection of right firmware is very important!
2. Save the downloaded firmware update zip file inside the ADB installation folder.
3. Switch off your phone and reboot into stock recovery mode by pressing Volume up, Home and Power button together (you will see a green Droid on screen with the text installing system update….)
4. In the recovery menu, select ‘Apply Update from ADB’ (use Volume button for navigating and Power button for selection)
5. Connect your phone via USB to your PC.
6. Go to the ADB folder and open a command window from there (where you have saved the firmware file SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip or after March 20 update SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip)
7. In the command prompt, issue the below command:
[Your device should be listed. If not, install proper fastboot driver on your PC]
8. Now issue the below command:
adb sideload SS-G928AUCS4CQA1-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
adb sideload SS-G928AUCS4CQB2-to-U4EQC6-UP.zip
9. The installation process will take around 25 minutes. Once completed, your phone will reboot and updated to Android 7.o Nougat
Leave your views in the comment section below (Source – norbarb)