Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom owners can now experience Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Asus starts rolling out Android 7.1.1 Nougat update for Zenfone 3 Zoom ZE553KL variant with features like Google Assistant, split-screen apps, raw file support, June Android security patches, various optimizations, enhanced Zen UI and general bug fixes. The update comes with build number ZE553KL_ WW_V184.108.40.206 and the software weighs around 1.9GB.
Asus starts rolling out the Android 7.1.1 Nougat OTA update (WW_V220.127.116.11) for Zenfone 3 Zoom (ZE553KL) and as it rolled out in phases it will take a week or more to complete. If you cannot wait for the OTA update or did not receive the OTA notification due to certain reasons, you can download and install the ZE553KL_ WW_V18.104.22.168 update manually. Check out the guide below.
Highlights of Zenfone 3 Zoom Android 7.1.1 Nougat update:
Android 7.1.1 Nougat
RAW file support
Improved picture taking experience
Google Now and Google Assistant Support
General bug fixes and optimizations
If you did not receive the Android 7.1.1 OTA update yet, you can manually check the update by going go to Settings > About > System Update > and check for update. If the update is available, follow the instructions to install the Android 7.1.1 Nougat update on Zenfone 3 Zoom.
How to Install Android Nougat Update on Zenfone 3 Zoom
1. Make sure at least 2.5 GB free space on the internal storage
2. Once update is available, tap on the notification to download the update.
3. Once download is completed, a pop-up to install the update will appear. Tap Install to continue.
4. The device will reboot twice during the installation of the update. Please do not turn off the device until the home screen appears.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Note: This guide is for Zenfone Zoom ZE553KL and SKU WW. Do not install the firmware on other SKU (CN, TW, etc.). Check it by going to Settings > About > software information > Build number and see the software version for WW, CN, JP, etc.
Note: Before proceeding with below steps, back up every data you have on the phone. Also, make sure at least 2.5 GB free space remaining on the SD card.
1. Download Nougat update for Zenfone 3 Zoom (22.214.171.124 OTA) from here and save the zip file on your phone.
2. Boot your phone into recovery mode (Switch off the phone and turn on by pressing Power + Volume Up buttons together).
3. In recovery, choose Apply update from sd card and then select the firmware zip file.
4. After completing the installation, reboot your phone.
Enjoy Android 7.1.1 Nougat, new ZenUI and other new features. Leave your views in the comment section below (Source)