There are various reasons for you to restore stock firmware on your Moto X Style smartphone. For unrooting it, feel nostalgic about the stock ROM after trying out custom ROMs, come up with bootloop, soft brick or corrupt partition state while rooting the phone or making changes to the system files, etc. are the common reasons.
In this guide, we show you how to unroot Moto X Style (XT1575) and restore stock firmware using Restore to Stock Tool. The ‘Restore to Stock Tool’ mentioned here is for Moto X Style XT1575 variant only. Do not try with other variant. Also, this procedure will erase all data from your phone, so make a backup of any data on your phone before proceeding.
1. Motorola driver installed on your computer (Windows). If not, download the driver file [HERE] and install it.
2. Download Restore to Stock Tool [HERE] for Moto X Style XT1575 to your computer.
3. Backup every data on your phone before proceeding.
Important: There is no guaranty that the below method can revert your device to factory state for warranty purpose.
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We can’t take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Instruction to unroot and restore stock firmware on your Moto X Style XT1575
1. Download Restore to Stock Tool and unzip it on your PC. Copy all the content and paste them into the ADB folder.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone from Developer Options. To do so, got to Settings -> About Phone and tap 7 times on the build number to get developer options.
3. Connect your Moto X Style to your PC via a USB cable.
4. Go to the ADB folder, right-click ‘Flash-All.bat’ file and select ‘Run as administrator’ to run the tool.
5. It will start flashing stock ROM on your device.
6. Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone.
Your Moto X Style is now unrooted and is running the stock ROM. (Source – XDA)