The entry-level Xiaomi Redmi 3S performs reasonably well on MIUI 8 (Android Marshmallow). However, if you prefer stock UI over Xiaomi’s heavily customized UI, stock features, and above all if you are a custom ROM fan, then an unofficial version of LineageOS is now available for Redmi 3S. Based on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (former CM13), the custom ROM brings VoLTE support and stock UI, along with LineageOS/CyanogenMod features to the handset.
Interested users check out the guide to know how to install unofficial LineageOS on Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Based on the former CyanogenMod 13 (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow), this ROM adds VoLTE support (you can use Jio SIM) to the device. The status of this ROM is stable, which means you can use it as a daily driver. Also, the ROM is optimized to work well on Redmi 3S.
Features of Unofficial LineageOS for Xiaomi Redmi 3S:
– Includes all LineageOS/CyanogenMod features
– VoLTE calling
– VoLTE video calling
– F2Fs support
As we all knows, for installing custom ROM root access and latest version of custom Recovery such as TWRP is required on the phone. If you have not done it already, check out this guide.
Important: The below given procedure is risky and will wipe your device completely. Backup any data before proceeding with the below steps. Also, ensure battery charge above 70%.
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
2. Turn off your phone and boot into TWRP recovery mode (Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key together).
3. In recovery, select ‘Backup’ and create a Nandroid backup (recommended).
4. Now, select ‘Wipe’ and wipe Data, System, Cache and Dalvik Cache.
6. Finally, reboot your phone, setup and enjoy stock UI, VoLTE, CM features and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – HridayHS)