An unofficial build of LineageOS 7.1.1 (former CyanogenMod) for 3rd Gen Moto G 2015 is now available for download. Based on the AOSP (Android Open Source Project), the LineageOS 7.1.1 (Osprey) brings Android 7.1.1 Nougat to Moto G 2015 (code-named Osprey). The ROM is almost stable and there were no major bugs in this ROM. Most components, such as RIL (call, SMS, data), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, Video Playback, etc. are working fine.
If you are interested to install the unofficial LineageOS 7.1.1 on your 3rd Gen Moto G 2015, check out the detailed installation guide given below. You can enjoy Nougat’s features such as multi-window mode, better battery life, smarter notification, customized quick settings, and several value added features. Also, this ROM includes latest (December 2016) Android security patches.
Note that Lineage OS (former CyanogenMod) is not yet ready to release an official version of the ROM. We are expecting that the first build of official Lineage OS based on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat (CyanogenMod 14.1) will be released by January 2017. Check out Lineage OS website for more details.
The procedure for flashing LineageOS 7.1.1 on Moto G3 should be the same as other custom ROMs, but it requires unlocked Bootloader and latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed on the phone.
Important: Before proceeding with below steps take extra care and more importantly take backups. Also, ensure at least 80% battery charge remaining on the phone.
Disclaimer: Follow the guide at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs. The guide is intended for technically talented users only.
2. Place both zip files (ROM and Gapps) on your phone’s SD card.
3. Boot your phone in to TWRP recovery (press Power + Volume Down buttons for 3 seconds).
4. In TWRP, choose ‘Backup’ and create a backup of your system.
5. In TWRP, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe Dalvik cache
6. Now, select ‘Install’, navigate to ROM zip file and swipe to flash it.
7. After completing the installation, do not reboot your phone. Once again select ‘Install’ and flash Gapps package. Then reboot.
Note: The first boot will take few minutes. Once booted up, set up and enjoy Android Nougat on Moto G3. Leave your views in the comment section below. (Source – EsromG5)