TeamWin has released TWRP Recovery for T-Mobile/MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy On5. This is official and you can install on Galaxy On5 via Odin tool. No root access is required. As you may know, TWRP custom recovery is an essential tool for installing custom ROMs, strip off bloat apps from the phone, enable root, make any system-level changes, backup and restore complete system, etc.
In this guide, we let you know how to install TWRP recovery on T-Mobile/MetroPCS Galaxy On5. Before start, note that installing TWRP Recovery could potentially cause some warranty issues. If that does not bother you and have enough reasons to have TWRP custom recovery on your device, then simply follow the steps below.
Also note that the steps below are only for T-Mobile/MetroPCS Galaxy On5. It will not work on other variants and doing so will brick them.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy On5
Disclaimer: Please follow this guide at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. This guide is intended for technically talented users only.
Important: The below steps will void warranty of your device. Make a backup of your device’s data before proceeding.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. (Settings -> About -> tap 7 times on Build number to unlock Developer options. Now, again go to Settings -> Developer options -> enable USB Debugging.
3. Download Odin tool [HERE] and unzip it
5. Boot your Galaxy On5 into ‘Download’ mode. To do so, turn off your phone and press and hold Home + Power + Vol Down buttons for few seconds
6. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable
6. Run Odin.exe. Odin should recognizance your phone (if not, install proper Samsung driver on your computer)
7. Select PDA, browse and select the twrp-3.0.2-0-on5ltetmo.img.tar file you just downloaded.
8. Click ‘Start’ to complete the flashing process. Once done, reboot your device.
Any question? Leave it in the comment section below (source- teamwin)