The SlimROM development team has released Slim7 stable build (based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat) for a wide range of devices. This update includes several bug fixes and optimization. Slim7 stable version supported device list includes almost all Nexus devices, many Samsung devices, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3, several HTC devices and more. However, some devices will get only the beta or nightly build for now.
For your information, Slim7, which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, is the slimmed down version of AOSP (Android open source project) ROM, but at the same time it is a feature rich alternative to all other custom ROMs. Since it supports a wide range of older devices, users can enjoy latest Android version, even if the device manufacturer stop support.
Today’s guide lets you know how to install Slim7 stable build on your Android phone. Note that, since the development team added a correct signature to firmware zip and apk files, users need clean wipe to flash this ROM and any new builds.
Important: Before installing Slim7 ROM, backup every data you have on your phone. Also, create a Nandroid backup in custom recovery.
a) Unlocked bootloader
b) Latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP with fastboot
c) At least 70% of battery remaining
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
2. Save both the zip files on your SD card
3. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode (Google for how to boot into recovery mode).
4. Now, do a full system wipe (factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system)
5. Once the full system wipe is done, go back to the main menu, select “Install”, choose the ROM zip file and flash the ROM. Also, flash Gapps.
6. Now, wipe cache and dalvik cache. This step is optional but recommended in order to avoid boot loops.
7. Finally, reboot your phone, setup and enjoy.
If you have any issue installing Slim7 ROM on your phone, let us know it in the comment section below. (Source – Google+)