The SlimROM team has released Slim6 stable version (Android 6.0.1Marshmallow) with new features, bug fixes and a ton of device specific changes. Available for a wide range of devices, the AOSP based Slim6 custom ROM brings various new features and customization options, besides Marshmallow’s native features.
Today’s guide lets you know what is new in Slim6 stable version and how to install it manually on your Android phone. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Slim6 ROM is the slimmed down version of AOSP (Android open source project) ROM, but at the same time a feature rich alternative to all other android operating systems.
Slim6 stable version supported devices includes OnePlus One, OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Moto E, Samsung Galaxy Tab, LG G2, HTC One M7, HTC One M8 and HTC One M9.
Feature list of Slim6 (Android 6.0.1Marshmallow) Stable version
– Slim Recents
– Navbar customisations & Hardware key rebinding
– Custom QuickSettings
– Chamber of secrets and SlimActions shortcuts
– Doze/Ambient display options
– Proximity wake and speaker
– Status bar customizations (Clock and Battery)
– Double tap to wake on doze
– Advanced reboot menu
Bug fixes for Slim6 (Android 6.0.1Marshmallow) Stable version
– Update APN for T-Mobile MK and Tele2
– Fix CDMA settings in dialer to FC
– SlimRecents: Fix header text default color & Correct default bg color
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
Important: Note that, before installing Slim6 ROM backup every data you have on your phone. Also, create a Nandroid backup in custom recovery.
a) Unlocked bootloader and root access
b) Latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP with fastboot
c) At least 70% of battery remaining
2. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode (Google for how to boot into recovery mode).
3. Now, do a full system wipe (factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system)
4. Once the full system wipe is done, go back to the main menu, select “Install”, choose the ROM zip file and flash the ROM.
5. Also, flash Gapps as well (as described in step 4)
6. Now, wipe cache and dalvik cache. This step is optional but recommended in order to avoid boot loops.
7. Finally, reboot your phone, setup and enjoy.
If you have any issue installing Slim6 stable version ROM on your phone, let us know it in the comment section below. (Source)