SlimROM has updated the Slim6 ROM to new version (Slim6 Alpha 0.3) with new features and support for two new devices – OnePlus One and LG G2. Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based Slim6 is the slimmed down version of AOSP ROM, but at the same time feature rich alternative to all other android operating systems. This custom ROM is available for a wide range of Android devices.
Besides the support for OnePlus One and LG G2, the Slim6 Alpha 0.3 ROM brings three new features as well, such as Layers support, Double tap to wake on doze and show each app name being optimized during boot. Also, the code was optimized to fix various bugs like proximity sensor issue found in the previous build.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through how to install Slim6 ROM manually on your Android phone. Before you get start, please note that the current version is Alpha, which means it is not stable and may experience some unknown bugs. However, if you are ready to face few issues go ahead and install it on your device.
Note that, before installing Slim6 ROM backup every data you have on your phone. Also, create a Nandroid backup in custom recovery.
Disclaimer: This procedure will void your device’s warranty. Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
a) Unlocked bootloader and root access
b) Latest version of any custom recovery like TWRP with fastboot
c) At least 70% of battery remaining
2. Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
3. Now, do a full system wipe (factory reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system)
4. Once the full system wipe is done, go back to the main menu, select “Install”, choose the ROM zip file and flash the ROM.
5. Also, flash Gapps, as described above
6. Now, wipe cache and dalvik cache. This step is optional but recommended in order to avoid boot loops.
7. Finally, reboot your phone, setup and enjoy.
Keep in mind that Slim6 is currently an Alpha build, which means the ROM is not completely stable. Most features are not added yet but they are to come in later releases. Only install if you understand what it is! (Source)