The good old, Samsung Galaxy Nexus just received the first nightly build of official CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. If you own this device, you can now experience Android 6.0 Marshmallow and the new features on it by installing the ROM. Checkout the following installation guide to know the prerequisites for flashing the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM on Galaxy Nexus (GT-I9250), as well as for ROM download link.
The CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first nightly, so it might contain some bugs and problems that are not yet identified. However, the update is reasonably stable with most features working. We hope that most of the issues will be resolved in the next update.
Before start installing CyanogenMod 13, note that the ROM file mentioned below is for Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM (GT-I9250) variant only (Google – maguro). This official Nightly will not support other variant.
a) Unlocked bootloader and rooted with latest version of TWRP custom recovery installed.
b) Backup every data you have on your phone. Also, make system dumb (Nandroid backup) in TWRP recovery, just in case anything goes wrong.
c) Your phone charged up to 80% to avoid shutdown during the flashing process.
How to Install Official CyanogenMod 13 Nightly on Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
Disclaimer: Follow the instruction at your own risk. We will not be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components. It is recommended for technically talented users only.
1. Download CyanogenMod 13 Nightly ROM zip file [HERE] and transfer it in your SD card
3. Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode. To do so, switch off it, press Volume Up, Volume Down & Power together.
4. In TWRP recovery, select Wipe and then Factory Reset your device
5. Now, select Install, navigate to /sdcard and select the CyanogenMod .zip package. Follow the on-screen notices to install the package.
[Do not reboot your phone at this point]
6. Repeat step 5 for installing Gapps
Once installation has finished, return to the main menu and select Reboot, then System. The device will now boot into CyanogenMod. Set up and enjoy Android Marshmallow.